If you feel like there’s a lack of intimacy in your marriage and that this may be causing your sexless marriage, you will find the following tips very useful. A lot of couples allow their intimacy to evaporate like smoke as they lose track of what’s important and focus on everything else apart from their relationship with each other. Now is the time to reverse this process and get back the love and intimacy your marriage must have for it to be healthy.
Tips To Enhance The Intimacy In Your Marriage
1. Start talking again – Do you and your spouse talk enough and when you do, what do you talk about? If you simply talk about your jobs, finances or the kids, is it any wonder that you’ve drifted apart as a couple?
You need to start talking again as a couple does. Inquire about each other’s feelings, desires, and aspirations. Talk about the things which drive you, which make you happy or sad, about what worries you and your hope for the future. Connect again with your spouse as you once did when you first started seeing each other.
2. Spend time alone outside – I recommend having a weekly date night with your spouse. This date night has to be alone, just the two of you and it has to take place outside of your home. I don’t want your kids to hang around and steal your attention away and a date is not really a date if it’s at home. Sitting in front of the TV doesn’t count.
A date night not only gives you two time to focus on each other, but it also serves as a reminder that you two are a romantic couple before you are parents, people who share a home, have a joint bank account, etc. You two are a couple.
3. Share a hobby – I know a couple who decided to take dancing classes together and it improved their marriage tremendously. Other people play bridge each week or take an art class. The choices are unlimited. There are so many things you two can do together. The main is that you find something you two can enjoy as a couple and make it a part of your routine.
4. Casual Physical Contact – Couples who live in a sexless marriage often forget how to touch each other in the most basic way. You need to re-introduce touching into your relationship again. This doesn’t have to be anything big. It should start gradually. You can place your arms next to each other when you’re watching TV or hold hands when you’re walking. A touch is much more intimate than any words.
5. Laugh together – Trouble is every and there is no shortage of tension and stress in our life. A life of stress is never good for sexual intimacy. This is why you need to make time for laughter. You two need to laugh together, whether it’s by watching a sitcom or going to see a standup comedian or just telling each other jokes. Laughter brings people closer together.
I hope that these 5 tips will help you to fix the lack of intimacy in your marriage.